Where Retail Goes to Die

Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 | Posted by Bethisboring |
A while ago I discovered a place around here that buys everything left over after a retail store goes out of business.  It even has an entire floor full of creepy mannequins.  The building is a huge warehouse jam packed with old fixtures, jewelry cases - even hangers.

There wasn't a whole lot of old advertising but I did find some hard styrofoam letters.  Thank god Amanda plays Words with friends because there was just a jumble of letters I didn't know what to do with. She came up with "Loco", which is pretty appropriate I'd say.  With a bit of work, I thought it would look pretty awesome hanging above a doorway.



So we spray painted.  Right on our unruly lawn.  The letters were originally orange, so we spray painted the front side blue.  I was originally going to paint the whole piece blue, but it looked so awesome with just one side painted and the orange poking out.

For $2 a piece, I'd say they look pretty great.


Even better when not surrounded  by unmanicured grass.

3 comments:

  1. Ange said...
  2. They are the perfect size for the spot you had in mind too. Nice score!

  3. Bethisboring said...
  4. With a little squeezing they became "perfect" haha :)

  5. Blair said...
  6. what store is it? :)

    p.s. love the letters!!!

Post a Comment