Proof I am becoming an old woman

Posted: Friday, July 8, 2011 | Posted by Bethisboring |
1) I knit a scarf with a collar.


Only old women need collars on their scarves.  This is because they require the extra warmth of both shirt collars and scarf collars. If a person under the age of 75 were to wear two collars at the same time they would sweat to death.  Fortunately for old people, this is physically impossible.

2.  I have started quilting.


My excuses for this include:
There was a sale at Joanne Fabric
I needed something to do while I was watching the Golden Girls
Sometimes I drink too much wine to knit without dropping every other stitch. Luckily for me, sewing machines pretty much do all the work for you as far as keeping things in a straight line.

3. I am growing my own vegetables.


This is the only thing that I haven't killed.  Please refer back to this post to see all the things that I actually planted.




2 comments:

  1. Ange said...
  2. You make me laugh!!!!! I love the way you write.

    Don't worry, the girls and I planted 17 sunflower seedlings and only three are thriving (so far). You are not alone.

    I was thinking about you and your ice post from March the other day when I was driving home with the windows down blasting Metallica.

    :)

  3. Bethisboring said...
  4. So glad to provide a laugh!

    And that ice has provided more laughs in my household then I ever thought would be had over ice. It turned every beverage blue, even orange juice :)

    Your commitment to your turtle project makes me wish I could provide the same to this blog, maybe one day.

Post a Comment