Phonebook Origami

Posted: Wednesday, February 2, 2011 | Posted by Bethisboring |
It seems like we get the phonebook every two months at my house.  For something so outdated why in the world am I receiving one all the time?  I never know what to do with the thing.  I'm sure as hell not going to look up a phone number in it when it would take me less time to look up 6 phone numbers on the internet. I just received another phonebook on my front porch and felt like I had to do something other than recycle it.

Day 8.  Take an old book and transform it into something new.  

How convenient that I received yet another phonebook on the same day.  So I did something I've never tried before.  Origami.  Folding paper should be pretty easy right?  If you will remember my last experience with paper didn't go very well so I was determined to make something remotely interesting this time.

My first try was this little paper box.  You can't open it once it's closed so I have no idea why anyone would actually make this box.

Because the phone book pages aren't square I cut each sheet into a 6 x 6 square and followed these instructions.

6 of these later and I started to get the hang of it.

Somehow they fit together like this, don't ask me how because I can't tell you.

Finished product!

I made some other cool stuff too.  Like this ninja star. 
This was of course after I had finished slicing up some bitches tryna steal my man.

So what have we learned today folks? The next time you receive this devastatingly huge waste of paper on your doorstep make something else completely useless out of it.  At least it will be cuter than a phonebook.

Also opt out of getting your phonebook completely and then you won't have a million tiny paper boxes floating around your house and you can save a tree or two.  If that's what you're in to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment