Step 1: Baby Chickens and Beginnings

Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 | Posted by Bethisboring |

So I've decided to start blogging. We'll see how long this lasts, but I need something to be accountable to.  I have been reading this really neat blog lately and finally broke down and bought the book that is written by the same guy.  The whole idea is to make something every day, big or small.  It comes with different prompts for each day - for example the first day is to "Make something that fits in the palm of your hand using only the materials in your immediate environment".  As I'm reading through the book I'm noticing that it has a lot of stipulations like that. Using only paper, using only your breakfast, work only with what's in your pockets, etc... I have a bad habit of getting stuck on something and wearing it out.  I'll be so excited about a knitting project that I'll knit until my fingers fall off or I'll be so amped up about a color that Amanda has made that I'll needle felt all night. I need to focus that excitement into something different, something not in my comfort zone.

 I'm already excited about how this new project I've undertaken is making me look at things. All of the sudden everything has the potential to be something else, and not just wool!

How awesome right? Right.

So day one. To get me started I said that the first five people in comment on my Facebook status would get something handmade. Second to comment was my childhood friend Madeline.  I grew up 2 houses down from her and I was always over at her house getting in to some kind of trouble.  She's the youngest  in a family of 4 older girls so I made her this needle felted egg, inside is a baby chicken with little wire feet.  Madeline is a sucker for cute things, so I thought this pretty much useless (though adorable) item wouldn't be wasted on her.



Say what?

Chicken butt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment