Winter Colors

Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 | Posted by Bethisboring |
In North Carolina autumn is beautiful. There is no doubting it. People make a yearly pilgrimage to the mountains just to see the leaves change and breath the air that is never as crisp as it is during the fall.  Unfortunately, it's not autumn anymore.  All the leaves have fallen off and the world is a dreary smear of brown and grey.  That is until it snows. Then the world is beautiful for the fifteen minutes before the snow plow rolls through and turns the snow black.

Which brings me to my point.  I need some color in the middle of the winter.  I also need my neck to be warm and look really fucking cute, so I knit this lovely cowl. Made of bulky weight wool and hand dyed, I'm extremely pleased with the kelly green against my pasty white skin.

Chunky cowls are totally hip right now. Hipsters everywhere are crashing their fixed gear bicycles because they are unable to see over their huge cowls that were knit with size 22 needles and bulky yarn. Thankfully, I will be able to see over this cowl and will only crash my bike because of less hip reasons.  Like my pants being too tight to get my leg over the handlebars to do this. What a tragedy.

The pattern is called braidheart which is funny enough to make we want to knit it simply for the name.  It's really just a short scarf with some buttons.  Why didn't I think of that?

The buttons were made by my lovely Amanda using pieces of broken china.  Upcycled to the max, adorable and soon to be available on her Etsy, they're a huge pain in the ass to make and release god knows what kind of carcinogen dust into the air.

They are definitely worth it.




0 comments:

Post a Comment